[Blindtlk] Electronic mobility aids

Carly Mihalakis carlymih at comcast.net
Wed Jan 22 18:55:50 UTC 2014

Good morning, Alyssa,

With all due respect, it is my opinion that you may be sort of
chasing your tail on this seeming denial that you are in fact,
lacking eyesight. Your guide dog I would imagine, suits your need of
being lead seamlessly around obstacles that may be  peppering your
environment, when it is available. However, you're saying your pooch
is not around to give you such a smooth ride.Wake up, my sister, and
smell some brew! You're blind and, as such, ought to expect to run
into people and things within your immediate space.
Besides, that's what your cane is supposed to be for! Do you think
blind people living during the time of Louis Braille had such
unnatural devices as some supped up glasses to alert you of the
presence of like, a phone pole? Get over yourself, my blind sister!
In my experience by and large, people are suprised at first upon
being run into or sat on but they quickly get over it, considering it
almost an honor to be run into by a real blind person! I mean really!
There are people dying out here.
loving for today, Car
408-209-3239
I have some sad news regarding my guide dog. My hand is injured
because of something she caused and as a result she must go back for
evaluation. This means I'm back to the cane. I'm finding some
difficulties navigating my college campus. I keep bumping into people
and upper body obstacles. So I started researching some of the newer
devices which can be used with a cane such as the Ambutech glasses
other similar products. Have any of you tried any Of these devices?
What are your opinions on them or experiences with them? Thanks much!