[Blindtlk] Question about Voice Guidance on Comcast's X1 operating system

Ray Foret Jr rforet7706 at comcast.net
Thu Aug 13 17:11:03 UTC 2015

Okay.  First things first.  You did everything correctly, and so you should have it.  I am aware, however, that there does appear to be a system wide issue effecting some boxes.  I can't say anything more than that the technitions are aware of and are working on it.  Tonight, you might try one more thing.  Press and hold the power button on the front of the box for seven seconds then let it go.  This will force the box in to a hard restart which will last about three mineutes or so.  Then, tap the a key twice.  You might want to wait a minute for the voice to come on then press right arrow then the okay button.

Sincerely,
The Constantly Barefooted Ray

Still a happy Mac, Verizon Wireless iPhone 6+ and Apple TV user!

Sent from my Mac,
the only computer with full accessibility for the blind built-in