[Blindtlk] ADA Question

Arielle Silverman arielle71 at gmail.com
Tue Jun 16 03:03:11 UTC 2015

Hi Brandon. The scool needs to offer "reasonable accommodation" for
the learning exercises. I don't know much about NLP, but my guess is
that there is a way to apply the technique nonvisually in your
counseling practice. Unless the technique itself is inherently visual,
which seems unlikely, they should be able to modify any visual
learning activities, for instance by allowing you to use a sighted
reader for assistance. The fact that a subject is often taught
visually does not mean that a blind person cannot master that subject.
HTH,
Arielle