[Blindtlk] Two questions about administerring medicine.

Annely Rose annely53r at yahoo.com
Fri May 22 10:05:08 UTC 2015

Check with the american diabetes Association, 888-342-2383,  and ask them about what is available to make it less painful for giving injections to kids.  I have read Diabetes Forecast in the past and heard about items, but don't remember them off the top of my head.  There are many children who have to take injections for their diabetes, so there must be something out there.  also, this may be a liability issue so I would be careful or get something in writing from the mother that she gives her permission for you to dispense the medications.  This is a very sensitive area.  Good luck and God bless.

Annely

 I have no idea.  I'm
 just sharing what I've found has worked for me.

 Personally I wouldn't be
 comfortable giving an injection to a child who
 isn't mine who is that upset over
 it.   As a Mom it wouldn't be something I
 would ask a babysitter to do.   It
 seems out of the realm of what is
 normally
 expected of a babysitter.  Of course, I'm not you and
 all I know
 about the situation is what
 you've written.  I do hope you find a workable
 solution.

 Julie
 Courage to Dare: A Blind
 Woman's Quest to Train her Own Guide Dog is now
 available! Get the book here:
 http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00QXZSMOC