[Blindtlk] BARD

Szostak, Christine szostak.1 at buckeyemail.osu.edu
Fri May 22 15:47:50 UTC 2015

Hi All,
  Ok, before I say this, let me preface this with a note that I am not trying to sell anyone on anything... I just was really excited when I experienced this and thought I would share. I have been using a VR Stream New Generation now for about two years. When I first got mine, either I did not yet have my wifi connected to the stream when I got my authorization key from BARD or they were not yet sending them strait to the stream.

 My Stream recently gave out on me from way too frequent use:) and I just got my new stream yesterday (hurray I can keep feeding my book addiction:)).

   Anyway, last night I went to Learning Ally and had to manually do the entire key download, unzip, and Stream processing. This afternoon, BARD finally sent me my approval and I finally had the chance to try doing it right from the stream. It was the most amazingly easy process. The only things I had to do were to turn the Stream on, wait for it to pick up my wifi connection, and in the online bookshelf menu select the check for updates. Within moments, it was accurately allowing me to read.

  Like I said, I am not trying to sell anyone on anything, I was just really excited as I am an avid stream user and serious BARD fan.

  Since I know there are a lot of BARD/Stream users here, in case you had not  yet done it right from the stream, I also thought this message might help out since the instructions from BARD made it sound like the Stream would simply recognize the key as soon as it was online. So it is not necessarily obvious that you will actually need to go to the menues.
Happy Friday all!
Chris

Dr. Christine M. Szostak
Assistant Professor of Psychology