[Blindtlk] Going forward

adrijana prokopenko adrijana.prokopenko at gmail.com
Fri Aug 11 13:06:17 UTC 2017

Thanks, I was just trying to get people to tell their story, no matter
what it is, so that we can learn from each other.

 As for me, I live in Macedonia and work as a teacher. What helps me
greatly is my family and friends who are always there for me and even
though I only attended a year of blindness skills training at the
Overbrook school for the blind, I do my best to use what I know. I
prepare materials for my students on the computer, as well as braille
some on my perkins brailler and also use the computer for research and
to communicate and stay in touch with people. I sometimes find I have
to experiment and think of ways to do certain things and come up with
my own ways of doing them, because not much here is accessible for the
blind and devices and equipment is hard to get and too expensive as
well.