[BlindTlk] Managing a beard as a blind person

Jim Portillo portillo.jim at gmail.com
Sun Jun 14 23:37:47 UTC 2020

Good afternoon everyone,
I hope I can find some good answers to this question which might sound awkward.
I’ve had a beard for a few years, but it’s generally been pretty short and well trimmed because I get it done when I get my hair cut.  Now that the pandemic hit, things are changing for a while in how hair cutting places around here do business.  No beards or facial hair for a while.
So, I’m wondering if I can successfully trim and manage a beard as a totally blind guy.  I have an electric shaver, and I also kept things up with a regular one, but now it’s grown out and is beyond just a regular shave.  From what I’ve been told, it looks good and definitely full, but it could use some touching up.
What are some good techniques you use, and what equipment do you get?  I was thinking of getting one of those trimmers with the various length spacers and whatever else is included with the kit.
I’d appreciate any help or ideas, because I don’t want to have to wait until a barber can do it. Who knows when that will happen around here?
Jim

Sent from my iPhone XR!