[BlindTlk] [blind-gamers] Stellar Aeon - update (fwd)

Jude DaShiell jdashiel at panix.com
Sun Oct 3 19:24:46 UTC 2021

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Sun, 3 Oct 2021 15:09:29
From: Dennis Towne <soda at xirr.com>
To: blind-gamers at groups.io
Subject: [blind-gamers] Stellar Aeon - update

[crossposted to audiogames.net]

TL/DR:  Stellar Aeon is a multiplayer text game you can play with mud
clients.  It's now officially open, but still under development.  The
address is stellaraeon.com, port 4000.  I haven't set up a website
yet.

We've come a pretty long way in the last year or so.  We've added new
player jobs to help you get your interstellar exploration company
started, as well as to teach new players about some of the basic
gameplay.  Things that we've worked on:

- The new player startup jobs guide you out into interstellar space to
do surveys and exploration

- Ship building and upgrades have been improved

- Starports have a lot more facilities now, including ore processors,
storage lockers, and a datamart

- There's a lot more starports, including alien starports

- Alien languages are now learnable

- You can use alien starport facilities, if you know the language well enough

- Galactic civilization has gotten an upgrade, which will let us show
more detail about races in the future

- Everyone now has their own private 'fog of war', which allows
everyone to feel like an explorer.  You can still get hints on where
to find things from friends.

- There's an automated scanner to find good mining claims

- Ship blueprints now allow a few more options and variation

There's also a lot of quality of life stuff to make things easier,
such as the 'autodig' feature.

There's no official soundpack for now, but one of our players has been
working on one.

If you'd like to stop by and take a look, point your mud client at
stellaraeon.com, port 4000.  I'll be in and out for most of the day,
and plan to update help files and fix up a few rough edges as new
players find them.

Have fun!

-dentin

View/Reply Online (#124055): https://groups.io/g/blind-gamers/message/124055