[Blindvet-talk] Please take a moment to REMEMBER our LOST HERO'S

Marianne Haas via Blindvet-talk blindvet-talk at nfbnet.org
Sat May 24 17:17:51 UTC 2014

Hello Dwight,
I live with a Veteran.  I agree that we should  remember all the Veterans,
gone before us.  I would like to add one more thing.  Let us all remember
the Veterans who died as they could not get proper health care in time.  In
addition, there is a war that people want to forget: the Cold War.  Those
Veterans cannot get many benefits as the Cold war was not a war according to
the Veterans Administration.  Then, why is it called the Cold War?  People
serving in the Cold War should at least get a service Medal.  More and more
politicians agree and vote for that, but the  Department of Defense prevents
this from happening.  Also, why does there have to be a Means Test for any
Veteran?  People who served in any capacity should get all the benefits.
So, let us remember all this and do something about the injustice.

Marianne Haas
Berkeley, CA
(510) 525-7965