[blparent] wow kindergarten has changed!

trishs slosser at metrocast.net
Sat Nov 1 17:09:49 UTC 2008

And if the parent refuses said manners teaching, they could be
invited to find a new place to put their child.  That works for
me.  Diversity, you know?

If the
>teacher wants to teach manners to a specific child they should
talk to the
>parents first.

>Tammy

unreasonable.  There
>> are some customs that are fairly universal, and that are helpful
to know
>> in this country and culture.  It wasn't as if she was trying to
make the
>> kids pray facing east five times a day, or eat Kosher.  She
wanted an
>> orderly, pleasant, courteous   environment in which learning
could take
>> place.  Having a basic set of social skills will be only
beneficial to
>> those kids, regardless of what their personal views turn out to
be.

>> Jo Elizabeth

>> It is easy--terribly easy--to shake a man's faith in himself.
To take
>> advantage of that to break a man's spirit is devil's work.  Take
care of
>> what you are doing.  Take care.--George Bernard Shaw in
"Candide"

>>> agreed.  now ADAYS we live in a world that has people from all
different
>>> cultures and beliefs.  And who are we do define what the word
manners
>>> means? These same people that your implying should adopt your
idea of
>>> manners may feel just as strongly that you adopt there eating
values, or
>>> adopt there ways of raising children.  How would you feel if you
were
>>> sitting in a restaurant eating a nice pork chop and an orthodox
Jewish
>>> person walked up and snagged that porkchop from your hand and
told you
>>> you could not eat it? You would likely be quite upset and
rightfully so.
>>> You would likely feel as if they had no rite telling you what to
eat, and
>>> had no rite imposing there beliefs on you.  But your no
different when you
>>> tell others to say please or  thank you.  Your imposing your
beliefs on
>>> them and expecting that they adopt them.
>>> It is a very bad idea to start imposing your beliefs on others
as some
>>> day that same thing may be done to you in a way in witch you
would very
>>> much hate.  I think we all no of a horrific event in history in
witch this
>>> was done.
>>> Amber

assumptions, because