[blparent] Audio materials

Pickrell, Rebecca M (IS) REBECCA.PICKRELL at ngc.com
Mon Aug 17 16:21:37 UTC 2009

My daughter can't handle watching tv. What Dena and Scott say are
correct, at least in our case. I almost think something happens with her
brain and tv and not just tv, but the computer too. I can't quite
explain it, but you can feel the shift in her energy level going from
balanced to unbalanced.
And no, it's not something I can control, there have been many rainy
days when I wish tv were a viable option.
My attitude is some kids can handle it, some can't, and we all know our
kids.
There's also evidence that suggests that the messages we want kids to
take away from programs, is not what they're taking away at all. The
book Into The Minds Of Babes discusses this in great detail.
Until we had our daughter, I had thought that the no tv or minimual tv
was something parents made up as a way to control things, and certainly
some do. That being said, no tv can really make the difference between a
kid that is balanced and one that isn't.