[blparent] Working outside or in the home

sharon howerton shrnhow at att.net
Wed Feb 11 14:23:48 UTC 2009

Jennifer, having worked for the state (Illinois) when my sons were born, you
don't get a lot of opportunity for flexibility when it comes to hours and
all including the possibility of part-time. They let me do that one summer,
and it was really hard. I don't know how available daycare homes are down
there, but that was something I did with mine and appreciated a great deal.
The comment that someone made about your husband being the sole breadwinner
is another consideration. I personally was glad that my babysitters could
help with things that I couldn't do myself or wasn't comfortable with like
taking them to parks and stuff like that-the visual things.
Good luck to all of you.
And, by the way,Elizabeth, I'm sorry I neglected to congratulate you along
with everyone else.
Sharon