[blparent] Remus is here, finally

Jo Elizabeth Pinto jopinto at pcdesk.net
Tue Feb 24 20:43:36 UTC 2009

I think an in-home assessment is a great idea, not just for those who are
blind but for everyone.  A lot of nervous new parents might benefit from the
reassurance that would undoubtedly come from someone stopping by soon after
they took their babies home.  I would probably have taken advantage of that
if it had been offered where I delivered, just to know I was doing the best
I could for my child.  I still have a visiting nurse who comes in
periodically, and although she's caused me some stress, I appreciate the
information she can pass along to me.  She doesn't come around because I'm
blind.  She comes around because I decided that having her knowledge
available to me on an ongoing basis would be worthwhile.

Jo Elizabeth

"Don't throw away the old bucket until you know whether the new one holds
water."--Swedish proverb