[blparent] immunizing.

Michael Baldwin mbaldwin at gpcom.net
Tue Jan 20 00:56:49 UTC 2009

Not telling you what to do, but here are my thoughts.

Immunization has less risk associated than not getting immunized.  I know
people who were against immunizing, and had a child die.  I do not know
anyone who has had a child die from getting immunized.

Some states do have laws about what immunizations are required, but not all
that the doctor will recommend are required, and there are ways around it if
it is against your religion.  Not sure the ways around it, but if it is
something your very serious about, you will find it out.

Public schools, and most day cares require certain immunizations to be given
before the child can enroll.  If your thinking of home schooling, this isn't
an issue, until the child goes to college.  Most colleges even require
students to have their immunizations up to date.

Michael