[blparent] The toys out the window, a safety issue

Karla Hudson HudsonKC at msu.edu
Thu Jul 16 15:38:45 UTC 2009

Hi Group,

I think in Jennifer's situation I would be very worried about the safety
issue.  The child could have fallen out the window.  A discuss with her
about safety risks and the removal of screen should be covered.  Also, you
should keep in mind that if others are watching they may want to call CPS.
As we have discussed on this list before blind individuals are often a
target for CPS because society doesn't understand our ability to parent.  I
think this is something Jennifer and her co-parent/boyfriend should be aware
of when her partner is in charge of her kids.  People are watching whether
you like it or not and potentially making judgments about the parent/care
givers  abilities occurring in the home.

Karla