[blparent] bedtime stories

Amy Murillo-Hicks amym2 at cox.net
Fri Jul 17 01:08:03 UTC 2009

As to the question about how you know if your child is actually looking at the word, I would again suggest the version of the twin-vision books that have the line of print over the line of Braille.  It has been a long time for me, and I don't remember which vendor provides this type of twin vision book.  Perhaps one of you can help out with this.   Twin vision books do it two ways.  One way is for more simple books with the line of print and line of Braille.  The other way is to have one page of print across from the Braille page.  You will eventually need to progress to this type as the books become more advanced.  I used the higher level books for reading aloud, and the line over line books when we practiced reading together.

As I said though, keep it up while your children still think it is fun!

All types of literacy is important regardless, and it sounds like you all are giving your little ones some great parenting time.  It slips away so quickly.

Amy M-H