[blparent] [Bulk] Re: Blind Parents Meeting

Tammy, Paul and Colyn tcl189 at rogers.com
Tue Jun 2 20:15:34 UTC 2009

Hi,

Correct me if I'm wrong here, but you have a sighted husband, right?  That
would explain why you've never experienced child services' intimidation
tactics first hand or you might not be so quidck to make a comment like the
below.  Most social workers in that line of work think their God's gift to
everything and that they're going to save the world's children from fill in
the blank, and this does include your children if they can get away with it
without directly saying they're investigating your situation just because
you're blind and they don't care to know anymore then they have to.  I don't
know how people who rip families apart for a living sleep at night.  Of
course you can't say that for all social workers, I've met some really great
ones who will do anything for you and try their best to help you when it's
needed.  They're few and far between, but I've been lucky!

Tammy