[blparent] Blind Parents Meeting

Jo Elizabeth Pinto jopinto at pcdesk.net
Tue Jun 2 20:39:34 UTC 2009

I do have a patio, so I was thinking of getting either a wading pool or one
of those water tables that were mentioned on the group last summer.  I took
Sarah swimming a few times last year when the pool was open, and she loved
it.  Especially with the flotation device, I'm sure she would be perfectly
safe with me.  But now I would wonder who was watching, and I would just
feel afraid and conspicuous.  I did find a teenager to come in and entertain
Sarah a few mornings a week, though, so if she comes along, then I guess
I'll have a suitable chaperone for something I could do by myself anyway.
It's okay, though, because the teenager, Chelsea, can help me when Stephen
is with us at the pool, and I won't have to try and focus on both kids at
once.

Jo Elizabeth

"Not everything that is faced can be changed, but nothing can be changed
until it is faced."--James Baldwin