[blparent] [Bulk] Re: [Bulk] Re: Blind Parents Meeting

Deborah Kent Stein dkent5817 at worldnet.att.net
Sat Jun 6 01:28:49 UTC 2009

Thank you, Steve, for your very articulate response.  There may be a fine
line between preparedness and paranoia, but most of the blind parents I've
talked to over the years are aware that a CPS complaint is always a
possibility, even if it never happens.  Unfortunately, as we all know, the
public is not well-informed about the capabilities of blind people, and the
thought of blind people caring for children throws some folks into high
anxiety.  I believe discussions like this are valuable to help us think
about how to handle such situations if they arise, and to provide
much-needed emotional support to one another around this very painful topic.

Debbie