[blparent] Everyone needs a break

trishs slosser at metrocast.net
Wed May 13 21:02:39 UTC 2009

V., I agree with how important "me time" is.  I don't have a
weekly schedule, but I get out as often as possible.  The 1
recent thing I've discovered, and look forward to, is a weekend
for the blind, hosted by our local Lion's club.  A few hours a
month, and 1  weekend once a year doesn't seem like enough to me,
so a few girl friends and I are going to plan an anual weekend
away, in the Fall, up north, in NH..

But don't
>forget you need time to yourself.  When Gab was born I didn't
want to leave
>her, not even for a minute.  My husband made me go out one
evening a week
>for some grown up time.  Boy, let me tell you, it made a world of
difference
>on how I felt about all that crying babies do and all that
whining toddlers
>do.  I still go out once a week in the evening with my friends.
Sometimes