[blparent] trimming babies' nails

Barbara Hammel poetlori8 at msn.com
Sat Sep 26 18:43:30 UTC 2009

We have the baby nail clippers.  They are smaller than the other.  While I
would say that filing would work for babies best, and some bite the nails,
when the child grows older--mine are seven--I use that clippers to do it.
Sometimes--like a few minutes ago--you will cut them too short--it didn't
bleed--but with patience and practice it can be done.
My kids fight like crazy to do it.  We shake our hands around and stuff like
that between each nail.  I usually start with the nondominant hand but if
the child hasn't chosen a hand just experiment.  I have also used
rewards--doesn't work for my autistic kids.
And Melissa, I tell him he can scream all he wants as long as he sits still
and lets me trim them.  The fingers get easier to work with the bigger they
get--except the resistance strength they exhibit against you.
Barbara

Snow is God's way of reminding us that beauty can be found even in the
coldest hearts.