[blparent] our little one

Tammy, Paul and Colyn tcl189 at rogers.com
Wed Feb 10 18:52:29 UTC 2010

Hi,

Don't feel bad about diaper changes, they are hard at the best of times, and
I did put a couple on backwards when I was practicing on one of those stupid
dolls before I had my first baby.  As for her not being wiggley, I'm afraid
that will get worse instead of better as she discovers her hands, and then
her feet, and then other things you'd rather not hear about.  lol  Mine's at
the playing with his own poop stage, and he has long arms!  As to the
crying, be patient with yourself and with her as you both learn and grow to
know each other better.  This does take time, and if you don't do much of
the baby care stuff, she won't adapt to the way you do things, and you won't
learn what she likes or doesn't like, etc.  Just curious, but is your wife
sighted?  If so, you may need to talk to her about how she can best help you
take care of your baby, if you'd like to have a hands on role instead of
just a supportive one.  My best advice, be patient and relax around your
baby, because if you're stressed she'll pick up on it.  Also, enjoy this
time, because it goes by very fast.  My son is a year now, and I really do
miss when he was little like that.

Tammy