[blparent] Choosing Your Battles with Your Children

Veronica Smith madison_tewe at spinn.net
Wed Jan 13 04:06:53 UTC 2010

You know this is a bery common delemma.  On one hand you say this is your
home, thus, everything that belongs to you also belongs to them?  You are
not alone inthis situation.   I hear these same complaints from the parents
of Gab's friends.  Heck, I have these same complaints myself.  The scissors
continuously disappear.  The box of bandaids have more than once become a
first aid box for dolls and my sewing kit, although needles were not broken,
were borrowed and left in the carpet.
Then there's the other side of the coin, she always asks to watch TV, always
asks if she can go out, never takes food without asking, never eats in the
livingroom without first putting down a towel, never calls her friends
without asking.
I get so frustrated when things disappear and I can't find them.  I just
keep reminding that some things are off limits even to her who lives in this
house. V