[blparent] Looking for Literature or other suggestions for educating my new DR. On parenting as a Blind person

Veronica Smith madison_tewe at spinn.net
Wed Mar 31 02:09:34 UTC 2010

For one I think you made a wise choice sticking with that doctor.  You do
need to educate him so if he ever has another blind patient he will know
what they are capable of.  I would find a good colonel book that deals with
similar situations and give it to him, this is what I have done time and
time again.  Maybe the fact that he wrote the words blind on your form is
not necessarily a bad thing, you don't want techs assuming you can see, when
it will be better for you if they describe procedures.  You go girl! V