[blparent] troubled parent

sharon howerton shrnhow at att.net
Thu Mar 24 11:24:38 UTC 2011

Nikki, perhaps others have responded to you by now. If your son is in school
and experiencing similar problems, you might ask for an assessment for
counselling or ADHD. Just like you are experiencing stress, he is, too, but
doesn't have the same verbal outlets adults do. You may also try to locate
counselling services for yourself as it sounds like you have stresses, too.
Those transmit to our kids and may contribute to the acting out behavior
you've described.
Good luck.
Sharon (whose sons are grown but still live at home; I also am an instructor
with the Hadley School and teach our Parenting series)