[blparent] Fw: Where have all the manners gone? (question for BlindParent list)

Barbara Hammel poetlori8 at msn.com
Tue May 24 02:26:43 UTC 2011

Jo Elizabeth
First of all, I'd talk with the moms and find out just what they think of
you--might not be much fun.  Or maybe I'd tell them you've noticed their
exclusion of you and were wondering if they had some questions they've been
afraid to ask.
I'd heap coals upon their heads by bringing snacks and drinks for everyone
some time.
Yeah, sometimes we have to treat the sighted people like children to get to
the root of their problem with you before they can see you for the person
you are.
Part of me says just forget it because they obviously don't want you.  But
the point here is that Sarah wants to play with friends so the grown-ups
gotta be mature so the children can learn how to be mature.
Barbara

Let every nation know whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay
any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose
any foe, in order to assure the survival and the success of liberty.--John
F. Kennedy