[blparent] blparent Digest, Vol 84, Issue 23

Jennifer Bose jen10514 at gmail.com
Tue May 24 14:55:37 UTC 2011

Hi, listers.

I'm so sorry to hear about what's happening to you and Sarah with the
other parents and kids, Jo Elizabeth. I do have a couple of thoughts
about it, though: Is there anyone in this group of parents that you
can single out to ask what's going on? It might be worth just asking
one of them if you could talk for a minute. Maybe there's one in
particular you can identify as being slightly friendlier than the
others. If not, I would take a kind of double-barreled approach: I
would bring snacks or drinks and pass them out to the others; I think
that's a great approach. I might not even hesitate to say, if the
opportunity comes up: "You know, I'm really not catching. Neither is
Sarah. I'm sure she'd love to be included."  I agree that these
relationships could be worth pursuing.

Also, I know it's difficult for introverts. I'm sort of in the middle
myself, but I find that engaging one or two of the other group members
and getting them to talk more about themselves can sometimes open them
up to you a little more.

Jen