[blparent] to keep the stroller or not?

Pipi blahblahblah0822 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 7 18:45:24 UTC 2011

I'm not sure how much my input counts, but I'll give it anyway. I used a
carrier with my daughter for as long as I could before my back couldn't
handle it anymore. From the time she was able to walk, that is what she
wanted to do the majority of the time. She received a monkey backpack leash
for her first birthday, so we started using it for little trips around the
block, which took long periods of time due to her being so little. I'd let
her walk with her leash at the mall, store, circus, fairs, things like this.
I did use my stroller a little bit if I knew she'd be tired and it became a
place for her to nap. I've never pulled a stroller behind me though. I'm
just now transitioning into using a cane.
My daughter is now almost 3. I only use her jogging stroller and that is
only when we are going for a walk or jog for me to get exercise.
Another option that you could definitely pull behind you and is considerably
cheaper would be a wagon. It wouldn't work well for bus travel, but for
walks, the zoo, even a fair, it would work well. My best friend and I have
used it with both of our kids for trips like that.
These are just my thoughts. Things to think about are how long do you think
you'll be able to comfortably carry your child? I wasn't able to carry for
as long as I'd hoped. In my experience, young children around 2 to 3 can
walk decent distances especially when they are used to walking.  That is how
I handled not having to use a stroller much.
Pipi