[blparent] experiences of blind parents with more than one smallchild

r mskb rmsk1234 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 8 19:42:07 UTC 2011

Jen, my older two kids were ten months apart because of the second one  showing up ahead of time.

As a result, I started using a back carrier for  the older one by the time he was one. I mostly used city bus at that time; so, I had to be quite careful with my movements because of one child on my back and another in the car seat. I'm a White Cane user, so,  I could never carry anything else with me.

For avoiding this situation, one could  have at least two years' gap between two kids. It also gives  the first child more space and attention to grow as the only favorite child and you never know. They might even adopt their younger sibling. Those two kids are now  almost thirteen and twelve, and  they still compete for parental attention.

Cheers!

Sushil