[blparent] carriers

jan wright jan.wrightfamily5 at gmail.com
Tue Apr 24 17:21:15 UTC 2012

I got two carriers at my shower, but am too big for them.
DH got me a k'tan carrier because I wanted a wrap but, for the life of
me could not figure out how to do the moby.
The k'tan is easy to put on, light weight, no straps or buckles, and
easy to put baby in and take out.
... well, as easy as it can be with a squirmy baby.
I thought about getting another carrier, because Tammy makes a good point:
it is hard for me to do dishes, laundry, etc  because the baby is on
the front and maybe it would be a good idea  to wear the baby on the
back sometimes.
I opted for front carrying b/c I never liked carrying a backpack and I
just couldn't see me carrying like that on pub trans. When I take my
k'tan, I can use it as a head insert for the car seat, then take baby
out of it and carry baby in the k'tan and leave car seat somewhere
nutral.

But, the k'tan is best for keeping baby in and extracting baby easily.
And, I can wear it without feeling like I am wearing hospital
equipment.
One of the cons of the carrier though is that it carries baby kind of
low, so, if you are not use to the k'tan, it can feel like baby is
dangling and I wish that I  could get it to carry higher. I will
probably want to find a different one to use when I do more pub trans
traveling.
Right now, I just use it for around the house and short walks out.
And, sometimes, we might like a carrier better than baby does.
It happens.