[blparent] Involvement of Child Services (was introduction, expecting)

Tammy tcl189 at rogers.com
Tue Aug 14 15:18:38 UTC 2012

Hi,

I was wondering that myself.  Sometimes I think social workers will say
anything to get what they want, and although in your case it might not have
been a bad decision, I see it as a bit of arm-twisting and using scare
tactics because they want you to have a sitter or any other thing they might
want you to have.  The saying give them an inch and they'll take a mile is
appropriate here, and I'd be very careful to get them out of your lives
asap.  I had them involved with me and my son when I was a single parent 6
years ago and they basically tried to take control of my life to the point
where they questioned my ability to make relationship choices etc which was
really none of their business, and I told them that.  I don't know if it's
the same in the us as it is here but here our child protection organizations
get drunk on power and will take it whereever they can, and will use scared
new parents, not just blind ones, although having a disability is a very big
reason in their minds to take a child from the hospital.  This is so much
the case that the hospitals have made it illegal for outside social  workers
to enter unless requested by a doctor or hospital social worker.  I actually
had my doctor put it in my chart when I had my baby that I wasn't allowing
any social workers in my room, not even the hospital one, although she said
he probably wouldn't have needed to see me anyway.  Most of the time social
workers are power-hungry maniacs who use buzz-words and phraises to rip
apart families who are too scared or too imtimidated to do a thing about it,
while just down the road is a bunch of hungry kids trying to wake a drugged
mother or father up so they can eat.

Tammy