[blparent] placement of bells for crawling baby

Ronit Ovadia Mazzoni rovadia82 at gmail.com
Thu Feb 9 15:13:13 UTC 2012

Hi everyone,
I take my 10-month-old son to a Gymboree class once a week where he has the freedom to crawl around a very large room. Up until last week, he hasn't been crawling very far from me but this last week, he started crawling too far for me to hear where he went. Luckily I had my father-in-law with me that day but now I know it's time to attach bells. I know we've discussed this on list before, like using zip ties to attach bells to shoes, but where do you attach bells to the clothing of a crawling baby? I was thinking I would attach it to his back somewhere but others have said that he might roll over on to the bell and hurt himself. I don't want it to be within his reach to play with it. Also, I was thinking of using a safety pin to attach the bell but clearly this is not the most safe thing ever. What else have you used to attach bells to clothing when the child is not wearing shoes? Just as a clarification, this is only for when we go to playdates or places oher than home, because at home I have no problem with him crawling everywhere.

Thanks so much.
Ronit