[blparent] a new member

Carol Schnip winddancer711 at wcoilexpress.com
Sun Jan 1 00:12:00 UTC 2012

Hi everyone,

I to am a new member. I joined a month or so back just have been leerking
debating on how I can ask for some advice. I have a son who just had their
first baby in July. His wife does not want  my feancee and I to watch the
baby. Due to us being both totally blind. She knows that I raised my own son
by myself since my husband walked out after I became blind. But so many
persons just tell me that this is her first baby and she will get over it. I
dont think so. She even wants me to prove to her by showing her how I would
feed and diaper my grandson. This has really hit me hard that she would do
this to me. I want to talk about it with them, but I am trying not to get
upset and rejected. Her mother gets to keep the baby over the weekend but I
am not allowed to do so. I can visit him when they are around but that is
all she will let me do. She would not even allow me to watch him for just
three or four hours while she took my feancee to school.
I was looking forward to being a grandma but I feel like she has taken that
chance away from me.
The way I feel I should not have to prove to family that I can do things.
But if I have to I will. It is just making me lose respect in her due to
this.
Trying not to cry when I think about it.
Carol