[blparent] Ryan Knighton's Book

Jo Elizabeth Pinto jopinto at msn.com
Mon Jan 2 04:28:40 UTC 2012

Steve, I simply copied the reviews from the book cover at Amazon.com.  I
wouldn't call ineptitude heartwarming, although it is still sadly quite
popular in the media to make all fathers out to be hopeless when it comes to
caring for babies and children, even if they aren't blind.  A good example
is a plot I saw on Olivia the other day in which the father left one of his
three children at the grocery store by mistake, and requested that next
time, his wife put the children on the list of things he should bring home
from the supermarket.

In answer to your question, I really don't have positive or negative
feelings about Ryan Nighton's work in general because this is the first I've
ever heard of him.  My concern is that making himself out to be incompetent,
whether for the sake of humor or realism, will put a seed in the minds of
his readers about the so-called dangers that all blind parents face.