[blparent] a new member

Veronica Smith madison_tewe at spinn.net
Mon Jan 2 17:50:53 UTC 2012

Carol, welcome to the list.  Ok, on the otherside of the coin, I am blind
and when my daughter was born I kind of did the same thing to my sighted
mother.  She was already 78 and had not been around a baby for many many
years and I asked her to show me how she was going to diaper her, hold her,
feed her.  Funny, she raised 5 children and yet, I had trouble letting her
or anyone care for my darling daughter.
 Give her time, how long has she been married to your son and how old is
she?
Invite them over more and let her watch you in action.  Maybe, you can also
sit down with her alone and talk about her weariness of letting you watch
the baby.  Maybe she needs to feel it is okay.
Ask her why you are excluded?
I told my mother it wasn't that I mistrusted her, but it had been a long
time and she said to me, "trust me." And well, what could I say, she's my
own mom.
So I did and they seemed to do okay.