[blparent] kids and the park

Pickrell, Rebecca M (TASC) REBECCA.PICKRELL at tasc.com
Fri Jan 6 14:08:07 UTC 2012

Thank you for explaining. We are all still learning, and that doesn't have much to do with blindness, just what oppertunities life throws our way. Life is all about learning and the time frame doesn't much matter.
Your fear does sound almost pathological in that it limits you.
Are you addressing this in any way?

I say this because there is normal concern and then there is not. You sound like you have a level of worry and generalized fear that is unhealthy. I'm not convinced this is  a blindness issue.
To those on the list that say I was being harsh, I didn't mean to be. I just want to point out that there may be other issues going on that Stephanie would do well to look at. Being afraid of "it" without having a clear idea of what "it" is is not healthy for anybody involved.

to put it another way, if a sighted mom said "I'm afraid something will happen to Billy" and gave no other details, you'd get the "see a mental health person" or "get a grip" response I gave Stephanie.