[blparent] no more crib?

Pipi blahblahblah0822 at gmail.com
Tue Jun 12 05:26:53 UTC 2012

Savannah was around 20 months when I moved her to the toddler bed. We had
moved into a new house and while it wasn't suggested, I decided to just not
bring the crib along to the new house.
For us the transition went okay. We have co slept off and on since Savannah
was a few months old. I've never done well getting up in the middle of the
night, so when she woke, I would bring her to bed with me. Because of this,
when Savannah moved to the toddler bed, if she woke up in the middle of the
night, she would come climb in my bed. It sounds horrible, but some mornings
she would be there and I didn't even remember her crawling into my bed.
I never used the bed rails. The toddler bed sits low enough to the ground
and our floors are carpeted in the bedrooms. She has fallen out of my bed a
couple of times with no injuries and it sits much higher than her toddler
bed.
Every child is different. We did go through a phase where she didn't want to
even start out in her bed. That was a bit difficult and took a couple of
weeks of me continuing to put her back in bed and I actually got used to and
enjoyed the half hour of sitting in her room reading or sewing while she
went to sleep.
I'm rambling here, but that is how the transition went in our home.
Pipi