[blparent] When not to be a united front.

Sean Paul newsandtraffic at aol.com
Thu Jun 28 10:11:06 UTC 2012

I'm not in any way taking up for your children's father Jen. However you
will find if you haven't already. There are things which bother women which
do not bother men as much when it comes to parenting. I know that is the
case in my case. Was the case in both my fathers & step-fathers case & other
fathers which I've watched over my lifetime. How many times have you heard a
man say something like. They're just being boys. Let them be boys, etc. I
can tell you this. When I did get in trouble. My father did all the
punishing though...  I also think that men are more willing to let there
sons get away with things that they're not as willing to let their little
girls get away with. Is it fair? No, probably not. But, it is what it is.
I'm sure that when my ex-wife & I were together. She wishes I'd have done
more as far as parenting goes. That's not to say I didn't do things. That's
just saying I was more willing & am probably still willing to let things go
that she isn't.
 I do understand that the F word may be a big issue to you. It is to me. One
of those words I do not say very often. & certainly a word that a child
should ever in any way say to his mother or any other lady for that matter.
But my hole theory on those words is this. The only reason those are bad
words is because somebody along the way told us they were bad words. So,
they became bad words. Take for instance. The word dam, it all depends on
the context there... That's a debate for another day & another list.
However, I'd be willing to bet if I were a betting man. &, I am on occasion.
That he said ain't the day you met him. So again. As you stated here. The
root of the issue is deep. &, you're going to have to dig it out, deal with
it before you stop the weeds from growing back each year.