[blparent] Pregnancy and food- Helpers pushing beliefs on you

Robert Shelton rshelton1 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 20 02:47:31 UTC 2012

>PMS-ing are we? There's nothing immature about this.
Oh yes there is.  I beg to differ.  Do you really think that people always
tell you "the truth?"  Under the best of circumstances, they tell you their
truth.  Maybe it works, maybe it doesn't.  You evaluate and use the
information as you will.

I think we're all making a lot of assumptions here.  None of us know, and,
it's actually none of our business, what was Tay's arrangement with those
who were helping her.  I keep seeing the word "job" coming up in this
discussion.  It's no one's "job" to help me or anyone else unless they get
compensated for it.

>I mean, if we take the attitude you suggest, we should "grow up" when
people say we can't raise children simply because we are blind, or we >are
not qualified for employment, or that we can not care for ourselves.
Where did I say that?  I was suggesting taking a mature, reasoned, and yes,
perhaps a bit jaded view of "help" which we receive.  Accounting for
predictable inaccuracies in what we are told is part of being an adult human
being.  Do you believe everything you read online.  It's more or less the
same idea -- I believe it's called critical thinking.