[blparent] I forgot I was blind

Veronica Smith madison_tewe at spinn.net
Mon May 21 17:16:02 UTC 2012

Did anyone enjoy the eclipse with your sighted children?  Well, I did.
My husband had a welder's helmet and that is what Gab watched the first half
and the  time when it covered the entire sun.  She gave me a play by play as
she sat on the wall wearing that helmet.
When dad first came out with it, she had it on and then my husband as they
first started to experience the moon moving.  When all of a sudden I said,
"can I look?"  they  looked toward me and  Gab said, "mommy, do you think
you can see it?"  Duh!  I got caught up in the moment.
Wishful thinking I guess.