[blparent] cleaning a baby's nose

Amanda Matheny mommyzhuuraan at gmail.com
Mon May 28 03:25:22 UTC 2012

My son hates the bulb syringe too. He can't stand it! I have to do it
anyway sometimes when it's really bad, so my husband holds him still,
or stillish, while I do it. Depending on how bad it is, maybe try very
gently squeezing her nose with a wet washcloth to get some of the gunk
out of it. It may not totally clear it out, but it will help and of
course remember stuffy noses are common in babies and will eventually
clear themselves so just try and do the best you can. Does your lo use
a binky? Mine does, but we're working on breaking him of it. Still,
we've had to limit it in the past when he is stuffy, but we try.
Another thing that might help, of course depending on age, is
Benadril. My son gets that for his milk allergy if he eats something
dairy, but it does help clear them out. I think I remember it being
safe to use after 9 months though, so not sure about earlier than
that.

HTH