[blparent] children and trust

Erin Rumer erinrumer at gmail.com
Tue May 29 15:08:46 UTC 2012

Hello Shannan,

I don't know how your church assigns folks for child-care but is there a way
for you and-or your husband to volunteer in there to see what's going on
with your son and help facilitate some good behaviors for all the kids in
there concerning the topics you've been discussing?  We just started going
to a new church a couple of months ago when we moved to San Diego and I
stayed with my son in child-care for the first couple of times to see for
myself how things are facilitated and to get to know the teachers and other
children and parents.  It's a great way to get a little one comfortable to a
new setting with strangers as well.  All toddlers go in and out of not
wanting to be left with others, so in cases where my son is getting really
upset for several weeks on end, I'll stay with him for a Sunday and it seems
to get him back on track and comfortable with being left.  I know your son
is older than my little tot and what you're going through is totally
different than what I'm talking about, but I just share my experience to
give you an idea of how helpful it is to sometimes have an involved presents
in situations where your child is uncomfortable or having some trouble.
Maybe you've already tried this?

Erin