[blparent] traveling with 10 month old

Erin Rumer erinrumer at gmail.com
Wed Nov 7 20:15:57 UTC 2012

Hello Christopher,

Traveling on a train like that is pretty nice as far as forms of
transportation go because you can get up and move around as needed.  The
bathroom might have a changing table in it that folds down from the wall
like air planes have now but even if it doesn't, it's easy enough to either
just put something down across some chairs and change your baby that way or
if it's not a poopy diaper you can place baby on your lap and change them
that way.  Just whatever you're comfortable with.  Baby should be pretty
happy in the carrier for a while especially if you're able to walk around
with them or at least stand-up and rock and bounce them a bit.  If you have
an iPad or iPhone I'd bring that for entertainment purposes since there are
so many awesome aps for young ones now.  Other favorite toys are also
helpful that are easy to clean since baby will probably drop them from time
to time on the floor.  As far as feeding goes, I'd go with those squeeze
pouches and if you're baby hasn't eaten from those yet, do some trial runs
before your trip to get them used to it and you'll do great.  Otherwise, you
could always go to the food car and team-up with your spouse to feed baby
the good old fashion way.  Ikea sells an awesome bib that is like a whole
shirt that Velcro's onto them and protects their whole front and arms.  It's
something worth investing the $5 in so you can just take it off at the end
of a meal, throw it in a plastic bag and have a clean baby for your trip.
Otherwise, just have some spare clothes to change baby into.

Hope this all helps and have a wonderful and safe trip.

Erin