[blparent] Introducing myself, books and bus.

Bernadetta Pracon bernadetta_pracon at samobile.net
Tue Oct 2 02:09:43 UTC 2012

Shelby
Welcome to the list.
I'm bernadetta and I am a mom to a seven-month-old son named Gabriel.
When I go to the doctor with him, I have a notetaker with me which I
used to write or record the visit. If writing, I take notes on what
vaccines he's had, how much he ways, and any recommendations or other
important things the doctor and I discuss. Both myself and Gabriel's
dad go to the pediatrician  with him, so my boyfriend holds him while I
write things down. There are times when I go alone--that's when I just
hit record and capture the entire visit. I asked my pediatrician for
permission--you have to do so by law, and he was perfectly ok with it,
given my circumstances.
He also gives me a little print card with everything written
down--weight, hight, etc, in case I needed it for one reason or another.
If you can buy books at all, check out the board books from seedlings.
We have one--it's one with mother goose rhymes but I can't recall it's
title off the top of my head. I had children's braille books from back
when I was little, so I read those to him too, but I can't remember any
that truly stand out to me.
if you have bookshare at all, and have access to a braille display,
perhaps you can download some from there---they have tons of them.
A few years ago, seedlings used to offer something called dots for
tots, which was a free collection of books that were print/braille and
came with little interactive toys.

Once again, welcome to the list.

Bernadetta