[blparent] Exercising at home

Bridgit Pollpeter bpollpeter at hotmail.com
Wed Oct 3 18:26:36 UTC 2012

Ronit,

I do have the luxury of owning an elliptical, but there are plenty of
exercises you can do at home. I enjoy walking and the fresh air is also
great. We have a walking trail near our house, but walking around the
neighborhood works too. And you can take baby in the stroller. Make sure
to keep up a good pace. In order to achieve a cardio work-out, your
heart-rate needs to reach a certain point, so when walking, keeping a
good, consistent pace is important. When weather doesn't permit, try
cranking up the tunes and dancing around. When old enough, baby can join
in this activity, and it's fun, grin. Look into a mini trampoline too,
which can be found for $50 or less at most stores like Wal-mart or
Target or even Amazon. You can jog on the tramp and this is a great
low-impact workout. Jogging up and down the stairs works, or use the
bottom step and do a step workout. A jump rope  can work to get cardio
in as well. Really anything can be turned into an exercise. I look at
chores as an opportunity to do some toning or cardio. Make sure your
doing lifts and breathing properly, but any activity can work to your
benefit.

Sincerely,
Bridgit Kuenning-Pollpeter
Read my blog at: