[blparent] Exercising at home

Bridgit Pollpeter bpollpeter at hotmail.com
Wed Oct 3 18:51:50 UTC 2012

What and how you eat is crucial to weight loss. There's a wrong way in
which to lose weight though. You say you only eat twice a day, and this
will yield results, but typically this type of weight loss is not a good
kind and will not be a permanent loss. When the body doesn't receive
enough calories, it goes into starvation mode. You will lose weight, but
the body is relying on it's own fat and eventually muscle stores in
order to survive. And even if you're disciplined enough to not snack
during the day, you will feel hungry, which for many can lead to binge
eating. What people don't understand is that weight loss is about
calories and not necessarily about what you're eating, to an extent that
is. When dieting, it's not recommended to eat less than 1500 calories a
day. Two meals a day can still contain a lot of calories if not counting
cals. The best way to diet is to watch calories, eat three main meals a
day with small snacks in between. Make sure you are eating food that is
healthy and low in fat and calories. For snacks, try what is called free
foods like veggies. Fresh fruit is higher in calories, but small amounts
of fruit for snacks will be good calories that will keep the body
fueled. Shop for foods that contain less than six grams of fat and less
than 120 calories. Also stick to serving sizes. This is very important
whether dieting or not. Learn what serving sizes are on food. Portion
control is key to eating especially when dieting. Food is our fuel; it
is what keeps us going. It's important for all functioning in the body.
Without food, our body begins to shut down even if it's a slow process.
And especially if you're exercising, the body needs fuel to keep going.
Recommending two meals a day is not, in my opinion, great advice for
weight loss that will help maintain a healthy lifestyle. I've been type
1 diabetic for 30 years, struggled with anorexia for years and worked as
a fitness instructor, so I have had a lot of exposure to this type of
info. It took me years to learn about healthy body image and how to eat
healthy, and I still can struggle at times. Denying yourself food is not
a healthy way in which to lose weight, nor is it a good way to maintain
and sustain good health.

Sincerely,
Bridgit Kuenning-Pollpeter
Read my blog at: