[blparent] Whose rules should take precedence?

Jo Elizabeth Pinto jopinto at msn.com
Mon Sep 3 04:17:19 UTC 2012

you only get pushed around if you allow yourself. its still off topic.

That's my point.  I was tired of Nanna trying to impose herself into my
relationship with my daughter.  I wasn't going to be pushed around.

Grandma's house, grandma's rules. Yes I know she's your daughter, and if
this was another strangers house your rules would stand. But in a normal
house, with a grandma parent relationship grandmas house trumps all. It is
her house, her roles, sorry you feel that way. Now you may always choose
never to return to grandmas house, if you don't like the way grandma runs
her house. But again, that is up to you. But this situation is all about
respect, her grandma issued her decree, and you chose to try and overcome
per. This is very disrespectful no matter what culture you're in, this will
not stand in my house, and my daughters grandma would always overcut me as a
sign of respect. Right or wrong. So please, take it for what it is take your
losses and make a decision, you either like the other situations you have
been with grandma, and this is a small think you could get over. Or you
could choose to not like it, her, or any future situation, and just never
return to her house. Very simple, if you ask me.

Thank you for your opinion.  I asked because I wanted an answer.  I will
consider what you said.  Maybe I was the one in the wrong; maybe I wasn't.
I didn't grow up in a normal family, so that I wouldn't know about.  But I
do still love Nanna, and I would never take her away from Sarah for
something so small as a disagreement over lemon cake.  That much I'm sure
of.