[blparent] Whose rules should take precedence?

Steve Jacobson steve.jacobson at visi.com
Sat Sep 8 01:59:29 UTC 2012

Everyone,

Knock this off.  This is clearly off topic.  Gabe, if you have a gripe with Jo Elizabeth, deal with it privately.  If you don't want people writing to you privately, then think twice about what you write before you write
it on a public list instead of after.  Why is it that you can abide my Grandma's rules when at her house but repeatedly push the limit here?

Jo Elizabeth, I thought we had an understanding that we would all try not to stir things up.  Discussing any member's conduct is off topic for the list and should be taken up privately or with me as the current
moderator.  I think I've said this many more times than should be necessary to adults who have taken on the responsibility of being parents.  I have received a number of private complaints about all of this and
am
only responding on the list now to let everyone know what was said and hopefully to discourage further discussion of all this.  The purpose of this list is to discuss issues having to do with the challenge of being
blind parent, not to explore why adults can't get along.  If one can't be tactful in expressing an opinion one should not write.  If one can't bite their tongue rather than responding to a tactless message, one
should
not write.  Agreeing with me or disagreeing with me is not on topic for the list but can certainly be voiced to me.  As Dave said, there is to be no name-calling or personal attacks on this list.  "Blindies" and
"Barny tough girl" are names and should not have been used here.  However, I thought we were done with this, and having it accidentally brought up by a third person should not have given anyone
permission to rehash this.  It is a sad day when a moderator of a list of parents can't leave the list to get home from work and have dinnner without things going crazy.

Steve Jacobson, List Moderator