[blparent] Diaper Rash

sharon howerton shrnhow at att.net
Sat Sep 8 11:34:57 UTC 2012

Diaper rash is very tactile. It feels bumpy. My sons are adults now and they
had it only maybe once when each of them was that young. They used cloth
diapers then so it was easy to tell when they were wet. I am not experienced
enough with disposable diapers to tell, but just clean the baby's bottom
whenever you change her and especially clean the part between her legs at
the top. Keep him/her clean, dry her off if you have to use soap and water
to clean up #2 and she should be fine. Also I teach a parenting series for
Hadley, and this is a topic we discuss.
And if your sister's baby is a boy, put something over his front when you
take off his diaper. The air seems to stimulate little showers and will
surprise you if you aren't expecting it! :)
Good luck.
Sharon