[blparent] Roommates and being a single parent?

Jo Elizabeth Pinto jopinto at msn.com
Sun Sep 9 02:20:52 UTC 2012

Hi.  I would also add that just because your older one has used an annoyed
tone with her baby sister, and even with you, doesn't necessarily mean she's
picked up the habit from the roommate.  If I recall correctly, she must be
either a young teenager or close to her teen years.  She's been through a
lot with the loss of her dad as she knew him before.  Chances are, she would
have used an annoyed tone with you and her sister sooner or later.  Heck,
mine's only four and a half, and she's perfected the "Okay, fine" attitude
at times, although she doesn't get away with it.

It's sort of the baby crying in a restaurant thing.  That really annoys many
people who don't have children.  Those of us who do can feel sympathy for
the parents of the wailing child, and gratitude that it isn't ours who is
yelling.

Jo Elizabeth

I am somehow less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's
brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and
died in cotton fields and sweatshops.--Stephen Jay Gould